dunav ultra - the marathon
- DUNAV ULTRA – THE MARATHON is a personal challenge of the Bulgarian ultra runner Vladimir Stavrev (39).
- THE GOAL is to successfully run the distance of the longest tourist route in Bulgaria – the Dunav Ultra Cycling Route
- THE CAUSE of the run is to help in promoting the route and a total of over 100 settlements – Bulgarian villages and towns through which it passes.
- THE DISTANCE that will aim to run Stavrev is 721 km, with a total duration of up to 7 consecutive days.
- THE CAMPAIGN starts on 3.8.2020 in the village of Kudelin, Bregovo municipality and will be able to be tracked in real time using a GPS device, which will be worn by the athlete.The final point of the run is the village of Durankulak, Shabla municipality. On 3.8.2020 we will publish an interactive map for monitoring the movement of Stavrev in real time. Photos and videos from the venue will be added every hour after the start, on this page.
“My goal for this run is not setting records, but is mostly related to the cause to help in promoting the Dunav Ultra Route and nearly 100 settlements, Bulgarian villages and towns through which it passes”
– Vladimir Stavrev, an ultra runner
THE SETTLEMENTS THROUGH WHICH VLADIMIR STAVREV WILL PASS
- Kudelin, Vrav, Novo Selo, Florentin, Negowanovtsi, Kapitanovtsi, Vidin, Dunavtsi, Simoeonovo, Botevo, Archar, Dobri dol, Slivata, Orsoya, Lom, Kovatchitsa, Kozloduy, Harlets, Glojene, Mizia, Oryahovo, Leskovets, Ostrov, Krushovene, Gigen, Zagrazhden, Dabovan, Goulyantsi, Milkovitsa, Dolni vit, Somovit, Cherkovitsa, Nikopol, Dragash voivoda, Belene, Svishtov, Vardim, Novgrad, Belyanovo, Beltsov, Tzenovo, Obretenik, Dve mogili, Ivanovo, Basarbovo, Ruse, Slivo pole, Ryahovo, Brashlen, Nova Cherna, Tutrakan, Pojarevo, Dunavets, Dolno Ryahovo, Malak Preslavets, Garvan, Popina, Polyana, Srebarna, Aidemir, Silistra, Kalipetrovo, Bogorovo, Sredishte, Kolartsi, Hitovo, Karapelit, Dobrich, Stefan Karadzha, Gen Toshevo, Kardam, Chernookovo, Spasovo, Bezhanovo, Zahari Stoyanovo, Staevtsi, Durankulak.